By entering and using this web site you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here in accordance with the law.
1. The copyright in the material contained in this web site belongs to Jervaulx Churches except where it is stated otherwise. All rights are reserved. No part of this web site may be copied, performed, published, broadcast or adapted, for this, or in any other medium without the prior written permission of Jervaulx Churches - Except solely for your own personal and non-commercial use in accordance with the law.
2. The copyright for all photographs and images used on this website, except where it is stated otherwise, belongs solely to Jervaulx Churches. All rights are reserved. They may not be copied, performed, published, broadcast or adapted, for this, or in any other medium without the prior written permission of Jervaulx Churches - Except solely for your own personal and non-commercial use in accordance with the law.
3. Jervaulx Churches has made every effort to ensure that all information contained within this web site is correct at the time of going live, to the extent permitted by law. Jervaulx Churches shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage whatsoever, which may arise from any reliance upon, the use of or any dealings with any of the information contained in this web site.
4. Mention of third-party products, companies and web sites on this site is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Jervaulx Churches assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance or use of these products, vendors or information. Information is provided only as a convenience for the users of this web site.
5. Jervaulx Churches makes no representation whatsoever regarding the content of any other web sites which you may access from this web site. A link to another web site does not mean that Jervaulx Churches endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such web site.
6. Jervaulx Churches actively enforces its copy rights and intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
From time to time we may gather personal information from you either when filling out online forms or when you contact us. In order to keep you up to date with information and events we may include you in our mailing list or email list. Some of this information is stored on our database so we may contact you for information and updates.
We do not give any personal information to third parties or use information gathered in any other way than those described above. If required by law or legal process to disclose your personal information we will do so only in accordance with the law. Please read our full Data Privacy Notice
This Web site may contain links to other sites. We do not share your personal information with those Web sites and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Like many web sites, this site uses "cookie" technology. The cookie identifies your browser with a unique, random number. The cookies we use do not reveal any personal information about you and are used solely to enable sections of the site perform effectively. By using this web site you are giving your consent for the use of such cookies.
Whilst creating this web site we have made every effort to ensure that all pages are accessible to everyone according to the W3C WAI guidelines.
If you have any difficulty accessing any part of the site, please let us know and we will do our best to rectify the problem immediately.
We have made every effort to ensure the following:
All pages on this site use structured semantic markup.
Content has been separated from visual design and cascading style sheets (CSS) are used for visual layout.
Only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers are used.
If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets, the page content is still readable.
Navigation items have background changes to highlight links.
Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
Links are written to make sense out of context.
Links to external web sites open up a new browser window where this is supported by the browser.
All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
No images are used to convey information.
No information is exclusively conveyed using colour.
Tables are only used for layout purposes if there is no other feasible way of representing the information to the required effect.
Any tab indexes are set such that the content links are in the sequence they appear on the page.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Apple Macintosh, you can press Ctrl and Alt (option) + an access key.
This web site can be navigated without the use of a mouse.
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). The term “data subject” refers to the person about whom data is held and/or processed.
2. Who are we?
The PCC of Middleham with Coverdale, East Witton and Thornton Steward is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The PCC of Middleham with Coverdale, East Witton and Thornton Steward complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third partiesoutside of the parish with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your Parish Records” which is available from the Church of England website [see footnote for link].
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current and for six years thereafter; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and parish registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Co-Rector Jeff Payne, Applegarth House, Leyburn Road, Middleham, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 4PL or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.